As Seattle Dental Co. welcomes patients back into our care starting on May 19th, we want you to know that we continue to have the best interest of our community in mind. We have had to pivot swiftly to meet ever-changing circumstances and know that our “new normal” will require our community to work together through this transition. We’ve been working hard to adjust our protocols to reflect our current times: we’ve changed a lot regarding patient flow in & out of the office, communication, protective equipment for our team, social distancing, and everything in between!
We have put thoughtful consideration into what we can do differently to create a safe space for our employees and our patients. We would like to share with you the changes that we have made because as patients of our practice, our new systems will rely heavily on your understanding, patience, and participation. We will always continue to evolve to ensure that we can safely deliver the quality care you have come to expect from everyone here at Seattle Dental Co.
- We will require all patients to complete a wellness form screening questionnaire prior to their appointment. A link will be emailed to you. If we do not have an email address on file for you, we will reach out to you by text message or phone call.
- Please complete the short questionnaire at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Patients are required to arrive wearing a personal face covering. Your mask to remain on until you are receiving treatment.
- We kindly request that you arrive alone to appointments unless special assistance is required.
- If you drive to your appointment, please notify our office by text or phone call that you have arrived. We ask that you wait in your car and we will let you know when to head in. This way, we can take you straight to your treatment room.
- If you walk or use public transportation, we have rearranged our furniture in our lobby to allow for social distancing but you are also welcome to wait in the main lobby of our building which offers additional space for social distancing. If you choose to wait in the main lobby, please call or text us so we know that you’re there and we will let you know when to head in.
- All patients and employees will have their temperature taken at their visit
- We may be contacting you prior to your appointment to gather needed any needed information, if doing so will allow you to skip stopping by the front desk on your way in or out of the office.
- Please exercise social distancing guidelines while waiting for the attention of the administrative team.
Patient Treatment Rooms
- We have always met stringent protocols for infection control procedures. We will continue to maintain these protocols and have also implemented additional measures to go above and beyond what is required.
- You will notice that your treatment provider will be wearing increased personal protective equipment.
- To decrease the amount of aerosols that we produce, your hygienist will not be using a cavitron (water blaster). Instead they will be doing more hand instrumentation to fully clean your teeth.
- To reduce waiting room congestion and limit interactions we will be collecting your payment prior to your appointment.
- For patients who will owe a co-payment, a cost estimate for your appointment will be emailed or texted to you. Please follow the payment link included to make a payment via our website payment portal. You may also choose to contact our office by phone and a team member will process your payment for you directly.
- Dental offices nationwide are adopting new protocols to help implement the changes that the pandemic has necessitated. You will notice a new $20 charge being billed to your insurance on your account statements and insurance claims. The American Dental Association (ADA) has encouraged insurance companies to help cover the significantly increased costs of additional Personal Protective Equipment and additional safety measures needed to be able to safely provide care.
- We anticipate most insurance plans will participate and allow for coverage for this new ADA recommendation. We realize that these circumstances are new and these times are tough. If you do not have insurance, or your insurance does not cover this charge, and this is a financial hardship for you, please reach out to our office.
Thank you for understanding and cooperation. We have missed seeing our patients over these last few months! We are looking ahead and know that we will continue to strive to serve you the best we can.
As a final reminder, please practice social distancing, wear protective face masks, and arrive alone to your appointments. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Guerrero, Dr. Song & the SDCO team